Industrial Telescopic Lift-Truck Forklift Training & Assessment Course- LANTRA
Overview in brief:
This Industrial Telescopic Lift-Truck Forklift Training Course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you.
- Assessment only = 0.5 day
This assessment course has been developed to assess your knowledge and understanding of how to operate a Industrial Telescopic Lift Truck Forklift safely. The assessment will consist of a multiple choice question paper and practical assessment using the machine. This course is for you if you need to prove your ability in safely operating a Industrial Telescopic Forklift.
- Training with Assessment = 1 – 5 days
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to operate a Industrial Telescopic Forklift safely. The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to three days. The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. This course is for you if you need to become proficient in safely operating a Industrial Telescopic Forklift.
This course offers two certificate options depending on your needs:
- J4 – up to 9m lift
- J5 – over 9m lift
Course sessions include:
- Lift Truck Safety and the Law
- Common Areas of Maintenance and Pre-start Checks
- Start, Stop and Basic Manoeuvring
- Operating with Pallets and Loads
- Appendices (as relevant)
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a LANTRA Awards Skills ID card in Industrial Telescopic Lift Truck.
This certification will last up to 5 years before requiring a refresher course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare the various lift trucks for driving or manoeuvring by:
- Having site safety awareness
- Identifying basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identifying and complying with the manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) and other information sources, such as rating plates and applicable regulations
- Carrying out all pre-use and running checks
- Configuring the lift truck for travel
- Placing the lift truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Operate, move or manoeuvre the lift trucks:
- Both with and without a load
- In confined areas using forward and reverse direction, with and without a load.
- Select, transfer and position loads using a lift truck by:
- Setting up the lift in order to lift various loads
- Lifting various loads within the full working range of the lift truck
- Ensuring load integrity and security
- Transporting loads
- Placing and retrieving loads accurately at various places
- Placing and retrieving loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keeping within safe working parameters
- Operating with bulk loads
- Explaining the loading and unloading procedure, on and off a transporter.
- Load and unload a container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a reach lift truck
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Undertake post-operational checks on a lift truck.
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide Nationwide Industrial Telescopic Forklift Safety and Training Courses at our strategically located Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois. We also cater for, and provide our Training Services in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
To book your course, or find out more information, please contact us below.