COVID-19 Update 19th March 2020
In order for us to keep our doors open and provide courses that are required/mandatory for new employment, continual professional development and ensuring certification is up to date/valid we have introduced the following measures to protect our office staff, instructors and trainees:
- All trainees are asked a series of questions in relation to COVID-19 before booking on to courses and must fill out a mandatory form on the day.
- We have reduced numbers on courses such as Safe Pass from 20 per course to 10 per course, also Drivers CPC from 16 per course to 10 per course.
- We have altered rooms to accommodate 2 meter social distancing between desks
- Our trainee/instructors canteen can cater for 34 individuals but we are now limiting entry to 11 individuals at a time (1 x instructor & 10 x trainees) and staggering tea & lunch breaks. We have also set out designated areas in our canteen to ensure 2 meter social distancing.
- All classrooms, office, canteen & toilets are equipment with hand sanitiser & we urge all staff, instructors and visitors to use on a regular basis
- We have COVID-19 posters throughout our premises and all trainees are briefed on COVID-19 precautions on arrival
- Machinery controls, handles and equipment is disinfected each time between trainees.
- We clean and disinfect our classrooms, office, canteen and toilets regularly throughout the day
- We have restricted visitors to our office to 1 person at a time and have set boundaries to ensure visitors and office staff members keep 2 meter social distancing
- We will be only delivering course on-site if we can see evidence that suitable facilities can be provided e.g 2 meters between each trainee, areas clean and disinfected etc. If this is not possible KTC will refuse to deliver the course on site and the course must be conducted in our training centre in Portlaoise where we can ensure all requirements are met to keep our instructors & staff safe.
We are monitoring this situation on a daily basis and ensure to follow all HSE, HSPC & WHO recommendations.