We are now approved to run the below course:
Responsible and Effective Control of Commensal Rodents
Who is this training for?:
Our comprehensive training is for anyone who wishes to control rodents in a commercial environment or undertake pest control predominantly in land-based or related industries.
This course provides an opportunity to gain an industry recognised certificate that will be a requirement for users from 1 June 2016. (UK & N.I) (ROI TBC)
The training will include theory and practical activities during the day and provide you with an understanding of why it is necessary to control rodents, the biology and behaviour of rodents and legislation associated with rodent control. You will understand what information is required when carrying out a survey and the non-chemical methods available to control rodents as well as the current rodenticides and formulations how they work, how to transport them, safe disposal and the importance of completing documentation.
This training is suitable to anyone new to rodent control or wishing to develop their skills further in rodent control.
This is an assessed course. On successful completion you will receive a certificate of training from a nationally recognised awarding organisation.
Safe Use of Biocides
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
Duration: 1 Day
Max Per Course: 10