Trailed / Trailer Scissors Lift MEWP Training and Assessment
Overview in brief:
This Trailed / Trailer Scissors Lift MEWP Training Course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate the machine safely, protecting both you and those around you.
- Assessment only = 0.5 day
This assessment course has been developed to assess your knowledge and understanding of how to operate a MEWP safely. The assessment will consist of a multiple choice question paper and practical assessment using the machine. This course is for you if you need to prove your ability in safely operating a MEWP.
- Training with Assessment = 1 – 3 days
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to operate a MEWP safely. The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to three days. The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. This course is for you if you need to become proficient in safely operating a MEWP.
Course sessions include:
- Plant Safety and the Law
- Machine Knowledge and Preparation for Work
- Travelling and Manoeuvring the Machine
- Machine Operation
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a LANTRA Awards Skills ID card in Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) – Static Scissors Lift.
This certification will last up to 5 years before requiring a refresher course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key requirements of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Interpret and comply with drawings, specifications, schedules, risk assessments and manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) related to the plant or machinery operations and the work to be carried out
- Identify the hazards associated with plant or machinery operations and put the appropriate control measures in place
- Identify and explain different types of MEWPs, their purpose, machine components and operator controls
- Conduct all operational and pre-start checks
- Prepare the MEWP for site and highway travel
- Drive, tow or push the MEWP safely over varying types of terrain
- Operate the MEWP safely in restricted spaces
- Prepare the MEWP for lifting procedures
- Complete a range of lifting operations
- Demonstrate how to operate MEWPs with safe working parameters
- Demonstrate how to safely carry out emergency lowering procedures
- Describe emergency procedures
- Explain how to prepare for using a MEWP including planning the lifting operation, key responsibilities and pre-use checks
- Identify the machine components and operator controls
- Operate controls from ground level and from within the working platform
- Position the platform up to the maximum working height
- Shut down and secure plant or machinery
- Describe the procedures used for loading and unloading a MEWP on and off a transporter.
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide Nationwide Trailed / Trailer Scissors Lift MEWP Safety and Training Courses at our strategically located Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois. We also cater for, and provide our Training Services in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
To book your course, or find out more information, please contact us below.