Trailer Handling & Towing On/Off Road Operating – Certification Options:
Two certificate options have been designed to support Trailer Handling & Towing On or Off Road Training operators with off road vehicle operating (4×4) safely for work related purposes. The course will take place using suitable off road areas.
Certificate option 1: Principles of Off Road Vehicle Operating is designed for users of 4x4s who will only tackle basic off road obstacles and will always avoid more severe threats and weather conditions. Assessment is on a limited range of obstacles with a lower threshold of acceptable threat/risk.
Certificate option 2: Operating Vehicles in Off Road Adverse Conditions is designed for users of 4x4s who may seek to tackle some more severe obstacles and sometimes in poor weather conditions. Assessment is over a range of obstacles, identifying and managing risks in a practical manner making reasonable use of vehicular and driver capabilities as appropriate
4×4 Off Road Vehicle Operating Training Objectives:
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Comply with legal requirements and safe practice
- Identify risks associated with off road vehicle use
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls, systems and components of the vehicle
- Perform pre-start checks
- Identify and report faults
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route
- Make structured decisions about if and how to tackle obstacles
- Perform a failed hill climb
- Drive over a variety of terrain
- Perform an on-site risk assessment
- Identify the loading/towing capacities
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road
- Identify the dangers of vehicle recovery/self-recovery
- Demonstrate decision making skills based on considering the attributes of:
- the obstacle/situation
- the vehicle
- the driver.
Off Road 4×4 Vehicle Operating Course Sessions:
- Health and safety
- Attributes of vehicles and systems
- Attributes of obstacles
- Attributes of operators
- Vehicle checks and preparation
- Basic operating techniques
- Vehicle recovery, safety briefing
- Off Road to on road checks
- Principles of Off Road Vehicle Operating = 1 Day
- Operating Vehicles in Off Road Adverse Conditions = 2 Days
Max Number of Learners:
3 (Instructor:Learner 1:3, Vehicle:Learner 1:3)
LANTRA Awards – Recognised in Ireland, UK plus many more.
KTC has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have a highly skilled team to meet your needs in relation to pesticides training & assessment. We also provide training in: CSCS Machinery, Quarrying, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
The KTC, Off Road Vehicle Operating course is approved by :
KTC Safety Nationwide Training Courses in Ireland
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide Trailer Handling & Towing On or Off Road Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide a full range of 4WD Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: