Abrasive Wheels Training Courses – LANTRA Awards (ABW01)
These Abrasive Wheels Training Courses (also called Con Saws and Grinders) are aimed at providing operators with the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a machine which uses abrasive wheels for cutting and/or grinding operations. This is an assessed course which will enable the learner to understand the principles of abrasive wheels, understand the possible hazards and manage health and safety. The learner will be able to select the appropriate wheel for the job and safely operate and maintain an abrasive wheel machine.
- Identify the health and safety requirements for abrasive wheel operation
- Carry out a risk assessment and implement control measures, including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements and responsibilities of abrasive wheel operations
- Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their uses
- Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
- Understand how to handle and store abrasive wheels
- Understand how to select and check abrasive wheels before use
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
- Identify the main components and understand their functions
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond wheel
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel (bench grinders)
- Dress a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders)
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders)
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines (disc cutter and cut-off saws)
- Operate the equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course sessions:
- Abrasive wheel safety and the law
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The abrasive wheel
- Inspection, handling, transportation and storage
- Machine and wheel components
- Bench mounted grinder
- Bench mounted cut-off saw
- Hand held electric driven grinder/disc cutter
- Hand held engine driven disc cutter.
1 Day – (max 2 of 4 practical assessments)
6 (Instructor:Learner 1:4)
LANTRA Awards – Recognised in Ireland, UK and many more countries and regions.
KTC has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have a highly skilled team to meet your needs in relation to pesticides training & assessment. We also provide training in: CSCS Machinery, Quarrying, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
The KTC, Abrasive Wheel Machine course is approved by :
KTC Health & Safety – Nationwide Training Courses
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide LANTRA Approved Abrasive Wheels Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide a wide range of LANTRA awarded Safety Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: