We offer a full range of City & Guilds Forklift Training Courses in Ireland:
KTC Safety provide Nationwide City & Guilds Forklift Training Course solutions for your convenience.
Counter Balance Forklift Reach Forklift Rough Terrain Masted Rough Terrain Telescopic
Why Choose City & Guilds Forklift Training (NPTC)?
We’ve listed below why you should choose City & Guilds NPTC Forklift Training:
- Professional Certification/Qualification
- Certification Accepted Worldwide
- 2.5 Hour Assessment
About the City & Guilds Forklift Training Course certificate
The forklift certificate covers safe driving of a forklift truck, pre-use maintenance and safety checks, recognition of controls and instruments. The forklift is driven around a suitable course with the operator moving and stacking various loads. The forklift certificate is endorsed according to the type of machine use: industrial counterbalance, rough terrain masted forklift, rough terrain telescopic forklift or reach truck.
Fork lift licence key points
It is suitable for fork lift candidates who:-
- are 16 years of age or more
- who wish to add new skills to their portfolio
- who wish to be identified as competent operators
- who wish to promote a professional image
Forklift licence / certificate assessment
The forklift licence / certificate assessment requires a practical demonstration of the candidate’s competence for the type of forklift being used. Underpinning knowledge and understanding
will be assessed orally. Any breach of safety regulations will result in the assessment being terminated.
Forklift licence / certificate Units of the Qualification
- Unit 1 Pre-use safety – forklift trucks
- Unit 2 Safety awareness of loads prior to operation
- Unit 3 Operate the forklift
Candidates must successfully achieve all Assessment Activities in all three units
Forklift knowledge to be assessed
- Undertake risk assessment
- Implement statutory regulations
- Interpret instrument readings
- Recognise and operate all forklift control mechanisms
- Identify when the machine is laterally unstable and longitudinally unstable
- Identify factors affecting safe fork lift loading and handling
Skills to be Assessed
- Identify all forklift controls
- Carry out routine forklift maintenance
- Undertake pre-start checks
- Inspect vehicle and comment on serviceability
- Operate the machine safely to
- Manoeuvre in a confined space
- Operate at different working heights
- Operate under different driving conditions
What’s the next forklift step?
We strongly advise that all candidates attend a course of instruction before the assessment to ensure that they are properly equipped with the knowledge, skills and resources for a successful assessment. Training can be provided. Candidates will be assessed “competent” or not “yet competent”.
Fork Lift Licence / Certificate
On successful completion candidates will be awarded with a City & Guilds certificate & card (no expiration on cert & card)
Fork Lift Licence / Certificate Prerequisites
Fully proficient in the use of forklifts to operate to a test standard &
some previous formal training.
- One Passport Photograph
- PPS number
- PPE (personal protective equipment), i.e. Hard Hat, High Visibility Vest, Steel
- Toe Capped Boots, Gloves.
City & Guilds NPTC Forklift Training Courses Available Nationwide:
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide City & Guilds NPTC Forklift Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide a full range of Forklift Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!