QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Pesticide Training Aim:
The primary objective of this Boom Sprayer Pesticide Training programme is to ensure the safe and effective use of equipment and
consumables required to apply pesticides using a boom sprayer.
Who should attend?
This programme is for learners whose role involves the application of pesticides using a Boom Sprayer.
In general, learners come from the agriculture sector, but may also come from local councils, golf clubs,
construction or ground staff in public or private settings.
Learners can range in age from the minimum school leaving age upwards.
Learners must have good literacy and numeracy skills.
QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Pesticide Training Course Content
- Describe how infestations of pests (weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates) affect crop growth and reduce quality
- Describe the range of pest control methods available to farmers and growers
- Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides for crop production, the factors affecting pesticide efficiency and the factors to be considered when selecting a formulation
- Describe principles and procedures for the safe handling, storage, application and disposal of pesticides including appropriate personal protective equipment
- Summarise laws and regulations relating to poisonous substances to include pesticide residues and maintenance of adequate records
- Explain the principles of application technology necessary for the proper application of pesticides in respect of applicator components, calibration, maintenance, field operating procedures and precautions
- Interpret pesticide label information in respect of precautionary symbols, product name, class designation, registration number, purpose, precautions, first aid instruction, toxicology information, disposal, notice to user, material safety data sheets (MSDS) and directions for use
- Prepare boom sprayer for work, including calibration, in accordance with safe recommended good practice and manufacturer’s instructions
- Make up a pesticide spray mix in accordance with good practice including the pesticide product label dosage recommendations and the application area
- Store a boom sprayer and personal protective equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Apply a pesticide mix with a boom sprayer in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with recommended good practice.
Duration: 3 Days
QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Pesticides Training Times: 08:00 – 17:30
QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Assessment: Theory & Practical
QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Certification: QQI Award (Fetac) Level 5
QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Prerequisites:
- Minimum 6 months experience
- PPS Number
- PPE – Coveralls Minimum Type 5/6, Wellington Boots & Nitrile Gloves- (300mm long)
KTC – Training Courses
KTC has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have the training experience with a highly skilled team to meet your needs. We also provide training in: CSCS Machinery, Quarrying, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
KTC courses are approved by :
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide QQI (Fetac) Boom Sprayer Pesticide Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide a full range of Pesticide Safety Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: