General Winching Theory & Practice Training Course – LANTRA Awards
You must complete a General Winching Theory & Practice Training Course if you are required to operate a hand or powered winch. This may include, but is not exclusive to: those involved in industries such as Agriculture, Arboriculture/Forestry, Construction/Fencing, Environmental, Conservation, Fisheries, Facilities Management, Game and Wildlife Management, Government Bodies, Highways, Horticulture/Landscaping, Local Authority, Transport/Logistics and Utilities.
This course enables the learner to understand the principles of winching, realise the possible hazards and manage health and safety. The learner will also be able to risk assess a situation and carry out a suitable method of winching to maintain personal, vehicle and contents safety, and gain experience in the use of a winch for moving an object from point A to B. All winch types can be included and general principles will be covered for all types.
- Recognise a range of tasks for which winches can be
- Identify the health and safety requirements for winch
operation and be able to carry out a risk assessment –
including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements of winching
- Recognise the different types of winches and their
inspection, maintenance and potential uses
- Recognise and understand safe working practices for
- Understand working signals and be able to control an
- Be aware of a range of different winch cables/ropes and
their inspection, maintenance and uses
- Be aware of a range of different winch accessories and
their inspection, maintenance and uses
- Understand load rating terminology and how different
configurations can affect the ratings
- Understand when to remove equipment from service
- Understand how to plan and set up basic winching
systems for a range of winches
- Understand the safety zones/procedures for different
- Understand the basics of mechanical advantage (use of
pulleys) and how this can be used to facilitate a winching
- Understand how different factors can affect the winching
- Demonstrate a series of different winching operations;
straight line, offset and double line pulls applicable to the
type of winch being used
- Understand how to conclude the operation and make the
Winching Course sessions:
- Winching safety and the law
- Controlling the operation
- Winch types
- Winch cables/ropes
- Winching accessories
- Basic winching systems
- Mechanical advantage
- Winching systems – additional points to consider
- Concluding the task
- Practical winching (including assessment).
4 (Instructor : Learner 1:4, Machine : Learner 1:4)
LANTRA Awards – Recognised in Ireland, UK & many more.
KTC has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have a highly skilled team to meet your needs in relation to pesticides training & assessment. We also provide training in: CSCS Machinery, Quarrying, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
The KTC, Health, Safety & Risk Management in Winching course is approved by :
KTC Safety Training Courses – Nationwide!
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide LANTRA General Winching Theory & Practice Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide a wide range of LANTRA Approved Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: