Location of Underground Services Training Course Aim:
This KTC Safety Training two day Location of Underground Services Training Course (LUGS) is designed to train course participants to be competent to plan, organise, manage and undertake work where there is a risk of contact with underground energy sources or services using cable avoidance tools and signal generators – CAT and GENNY.
Location of Underground Services (LUGS) Course Content:
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
- Liaison with others
- Risk Assessment- location and detection of underground services
- Planning the work
- Safe Systems of Work- CAT & GENNY
- Video Presentation
- Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
- Practical techniques for locating various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
- Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment
- Maintenance & storage of underground services (CAT & GENNY) equipment
- Safe digging techniques
- Ten Golden rules of locating underground services
- Questions & Answers
Location of Underground Services (LUGS) | CAT and GENNY Training Course Ireland
Location of Underground Services Training (LUGS) | CAT & GENNY Course:
Duration: 2 Day
Training Times: 8.00 am-4.30 pm
LUGS | CAT & Genny Assessment: Theory and Practical Examination
Certification: On successful completion of this CAT & Genny course, candidates will be awarded a FETAC Certificate and a CSCS Card.
Location of Underground Services Training (LUGS) Course Prerequisites:
- One Passport Photograph
- Safe pass course completed
- PPS Number
- PPE(personal protective equipment), i.e. Hard Hat, High Vis Vest, Steel Toe Capped Boots, Gloves
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training. Our Location of Underground Services Training and assessment programme enables experienced plant operators to gain recognition for their achievements. Successful LUGS Training Course candidates get certified after demonstrating their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with plant operations.
KTC Ltd has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have highly qualified LUGS Trainers who are ready to meet your needs. We also provide training in: Quarrying, Forestry, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
The KTC, Location of Underground Services (LUGS) Training Course is approved by :
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide Location of Underground Training Courses and CAT and Genny Training throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide these Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: