Tractor Driving Training Course and Related Operations
This Tractor Driving Training Course covers the safe driving of a tractor, pre-use maintenance, safety checks, recognition of controls and instruments.
During the assessment the tractor is to be driven safely around a course including reversing with a trailer.
This driving course can also cover trailer hitching, attaching 3-point linkage and PTO driven attachments.
There is also an optional unit for tractor fitted with a front end loader
This Tractor Driving Training Course qualification teaches candidates to:
- Identify any hazards specific to the site, task and machine
- Identify and explain function of all instruments and controls on the machine
- Carry out daily pre-use checks to the tractor
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards that could arise when using a tractor and the correct procedure/precautions to be observed when driving with heavily loaded trailers and implements
- Mount vehicle, carry out safety checks and start engine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of a tractor on or near the public highway or other areas to which the public has access
- Hitch tractor to trailer and connect hydraulic coupling(s)
- Drive tractor and trailer around a designated course as outlined by the assessor, to include negotiating corners, gear changing and reversing in a confined space
- Tip trailer, uncouple and park tractor safely
- Attach a three-point linkage implement to the tractor, observing safe practice at all times
- Attach a PTO driven machine to the tractor and fit PTO shaft
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors to consider when using PTO shaft
Tractor Driving & Related Operations Course Ireland
Duration: 2 Days Training & 1 Day Assessment or 1 Day Assessment for experienced candidates
Training Times: 08:30 – 16:30
Assessment: City & Guilds NPTC
Tractor Driving Course Prerequisites
Candidate must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
This tractor driving training course is a practical course for those with little or no previous tractor and machine handling experience.
There are no other formal entry requirement however candidates will be required to supply their own PPE including:
- Steel toe capped boots
- High visibility vest
Tractor Driving & Related Operations Accreditation
On successful completion of this tractor driving training course and assessment candidates will be awarded with a City & Guilds NPTC certificate and card in Tractor Driving & Related Operations.
Why choose City & Guilds NPTC?
- Professional certification from an Awarding Body.
- Globally recognised certification (City & Guilds operates in over 80 countries around the world)
- Certificate & Card with no expiry date
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training. Our Tractor Driving Training and assessment programme enables experienced plant operators to gain recognition for their achievements. Successful Tractor Driving Training course candidates get certified after demonstrating their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with plant operations.
KTC Safety Training Courses
KTC has one of the largest dedicated training centres in the Ireland. At KTC we have the Tractor Driving training experience with a highly skilled team to meet your needs. We also provide training in: CSCS Machinery, Quarrying, Retail, Education, Transport, Agricultural and many more areas.
Our purpose built headquarters are in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
This KTC Safety course is approved by:
Kearney Training and Consultancy Ltd provide Tractor Driving Training Courses throughout Ireland. We are based at our strategically located Approved Training Centre in Portlaoise, County Laois, just 45 minutes from Dublin. We also cater for, and provide Tractor Related Operations Training Courses in Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
For more information, or services, contact us today!
Have a question, please call us now on 057 8646619.
Or send us a mail – just click the red button below: